TIP: These golden patties are best served hot!
4 zucchini, shredded
1 Tbsp. salt
2 large eggs
1 cup bread crumbs
½ cup chopped fresh mint
1 Tbsp. crushed red pepper
Salt and black pepper
1 cup all-purpose flour
Olive oil, for frying
- In a large bowl, toss zucchini with salt. Use your hands to squeeze as much water from zucchini as possible. Drain water from bowl.
- Fold in eggs, bread crumbs, mint, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper to taste. Using your hands, squish mixture to a mush-like consistency. Scoop up a heaping Tbsp. of mixture; form into a ball. Flatten with palms.
- Flour patties on both sides.
- Warm oil to about a half-inch up the sides of a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook patties until golden brown on each side.
- Transfer to paper-towel lined plate until ready to serve.