2 large russet potatoes
2 tsp. olive oil
8 ounces ground beef
1 medium tomato, chopped
2 scallions, thinly sliced
Salt and black pepper
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese or 4 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
½ cup reduced-fat sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Rub the outside of the potatoes with the oil. Bake for 50 minutes, or until softened. Slice horizontally and scoop out the flesh of the potatoes; reserve the potato shell.
- Place the flesh in a bowl and mash. Maintain oven temperature.
- Meanwhile, cook beef in a heavy skillet over medium heat until browned.
- Add tomatoes, scallions, mashed potatoes, salt and pepper to taste. Cook 1 minute.
- Spoon mixture into potato shells; sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake 15 minutes, until cheese is melted. Top with sour cream if you want.