2 medium zucchini, sliced into rounds
2 medium summer squash, sliced into rounds
1 large red bell pepper, cut into 8 pieces
1 large green bell pepper, cut into 8 pieces
1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into 8 pieces
1 extra-large onion, cut into large chunks
2 small, thin sweet potatoes, cut into rounds
10 garlic cloves (optional)
½ cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Combine all the vegetables and the garlic (if included) in a large mixing bowl.
- Add olive oil and toss the vegetables to coat.
- Spread vegetables out on a large baking sheet. Make sure they aren’t too crowded;
use two baking sheets if necessary.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then stir vegetables. (If using two baking sheets, swap their positions so the sheet that was on the bottom rack is now on the top.) Continue cooking another 20 minutes or until vegetables are soft and caramelized. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and crushed red pepper (if included).